If you're looking for some anniversary ideas, you've come to the right place, we have put some ideas together for you.
...and we can send direct to your loved ones - see checkout.
We all have those questions we can only ask our Dad’s, and they usually start with “can you…?” Or “how do you…?” Some questions are you just asking for stuff, others require a little bit of “Dad know-how” for example “how do you change a car tyre” or “how do I put up a shelf” or “can you put this shelf up for me, Dad?”
Here are some more classic examples of questions you can only ask your Dad, questions that we have all probably asked our dads from time to time…
- Can you lend me a tenner?
- Can you give me a lift to…?
- Can you check the oil in my car?
- Dad there’s a leak from the shower/bath/kitchen sink… can you take a look?
- Dad what can I get Mum for your Birthday/Mother’s Day/ Christmas?
- How long would it take to get to...? (because dad’s just know this kind of thing)
- What’s better a … or …?
- Can you help me put together this flat-pack furniture?
- What’s the best way to get to…?
Father’s day is all about making your Dad feel like a very special guy. So with this in mind here are a few ideas, to help you achieve the ultimate Father’s Day experience. It’s worth remembering that you don’t have to spend the earth to do this.
So here’s a few tips:
- Try your hand at making a homemade card – going to the effort of creating something that’s one of a kind.
- Tickets to an event that you know they’ll love, whether it’s a football game (don’t forget the pie at half time!) Or perhaps a comedy gig.
- Get a personalised gift – going the extra mile with a personalised gift. From Mugs to cufflinks the possibilities are endless.
- It could be that you ask your Dad what he'd love to do on Father’s Day – it might be that he’d love to just spend the day with you.
- Take him out for some nice nosh! And let him pick where he’d like to go, and make sure it’s on you!
In the spirit of Father's Day, we thought we'd take a look at the classic dad joke, and what makes it great. They’re a mixture of funny and not so funny. And they don’t often get a laugh they mostly get the slightly annoyed or embarrassed “Daaaaaaaaaaaaad” response.
Here are some classic dad jokes:
1. What's the difference between a poorly dressed man on a tricycle and a well-dressed man on a bicycle? Attire.
2. What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fshhhh.
3. "I'll call you later." Don't call me later, call me Dad.
4. "Dad, I'm hungry." Hello, Hungry. I'm Dad.
5. To a pizza delivery person: "Hey, you wanna pizza me?!"
They just keep getting better and better….
6. A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. Bartender says, ‘Sorry we don’t serve food here.
7. “Me: ‘Hey, I was thinking… ’ My dad: ‘I thought I smelled something burning.’
8. Two peanuts were walking down the street. One was a salted.
9. Two pears on a table. Dad picks one up and says: they’re not a pair anymore
10. Two guys walk into a bar, the third one ducks.
What are your favourite dad joke is? Let us know on our Facebook page!
Remember this classic little lie “eat your carrots, they will help you to see in the dark?” That’s the kind of thing we have all heard as kids. One of the best ones has to be “we’ll see” it’s not even a full lie, it’s a simple yet very effective way of way dodging an outright no. That also goes for “because I said so” another timely classic, that never seems to disappear from generation to generation.
Here are some more lies you may have heard as a kid…
- They don’t sell replacement batteries for that toy
- If the ice cream truck is playing music it means they ran out of ice cream
- The dog/ rabbit/ hamster/ cat went to live on the farm
- We’ll come back later and buy it
- I saw that because I have eyes in the back of my head
- Santa won’t come if you don’t go to bed
- If you cross your eyes they will stay like that
- I’m leaving without you!
- We’re almost there!
- I never would have done that when I was your age [insert parent woe story here]
What are your favourite little lies your parents told you as a kid? Let us know on our Facebook page!
Here are some activities to make the summer holidays more fun!
- Draw your design (two drawings for the front of the mug and the back)
- Scan your drawings
- Go to our website and upload your scanned drawing, following the instructions to place your order (don’t forget to use the discount code SUMMER15!)
- Enjoy your very own designed mug
- Draw your puppet character
- Cut out your character
- Draw around the edge of your character onto cardboard. This will make your paper puppet stronger!
- Stick the cardboard and paper together
- Wait 15 minutes for the glue to dry (in this time you could repeat the above steps to create more puppets!)
- Get a straw, using sticky tape attached it to the back of your character(on the cardboard)
- You are ready to put on your play!
- Decide what type of game you would like to play (maybe your own version of Checkers/ or a new game all together!)
- Set out how many players you need for your game
- Layout out the rules for your game (so decided how someone can win your game)
- Draft your game out on a piece of paper (so you know it will work!)
- Get a big piece of card to create your board (Use whatever materials you have, felt tips, crayons, glitter, paint – whatever you like).
- You are ready to play your game!
- Collect all the memories you have (photo’s, cinema tickets, music tickets, bus stubs, certificates, medals, birthday cards, Christmas cards – anything with a memory attached to it!)
- Gather all your materials (glitter, paint, felt tips, crayons, tissue paper, coloured paper)
- Think about how you want to lay it out in your book (do you want to order it chronologically? or a memory book for this summer!)
- Get sticking, painting, drawing, glittering!
- From time to time add more to it.
Have you tried out any of our fun activities? We’d love to hear how it’s gone. Tweet us on @printster_uk.
It’s that time of year again, where you have to find the perfect present for your little one’s school teacher. Every year it’s the same mad dash to the supermarket to buy chocolates, a bottle of wine or bunch of flowers in the middle of the school run on the last day of term.
This year it could be different…
We are here to help you pick the perfect personalised present, you will be sure to find an A+ gift that will send your child to the top of the class (maybe not literally).
Our Top 5 Picks
5. Engraved Paperweight Star
4. Personalised Blackboard Mug
2. "Top Teacher" Apple Message Mug
1. Mr Scribble Name Mug / Mrs Scribble Name Mug
To look at our range of gifts visit our online store at www.printster.co.uk.
With the Christmas countdown ticking fast, how’s your shopping going? Are you still full of festive cheer or are mince pies flying?
Take our fun quiz to see what kind of Christmas shopper you are…
1. When do you start thinking about Christmas shopping?
B. When I spot a bargain
C. Oh, I’m just not sure
D. Christmas Eve
E. I’m trying to block it out
2. What do you find hardest about Christmas shopping?
A. Nothing, it’s all on the spreadsheet
C. Choosing gifts that are a bit different
E. Listening to Christmas music
3. It’s the Saturday before Christmas, do you…?
A. Sit in front of a Christmas movie with a mince pie and mulled wine?
B. Face the Christmas crowds at the local shopping centre but come back empty handed?
C. Travel all over town for the cheapest item but they’ve sold out?
D. Intend to go shopping but decide that there’s plenty of time and hit the local?
E. Book a holiday?
4. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
A. The Polar Express
C. The Nightmare before Christmas
D. Die Hard 2
E. The Grinch
5. Do you find it hard to think up presents for your family?
A. No, I listen carefully to what they want throughout the year.
B. It’s all about cost.
C. It’s a nightmare – what should I buy?
D. It’s easy to find a present at the 24 hour garage.
E. No, I do Secret Santas (very secret).
You’ve already finished all your Christmas shopping. (You may even have bought some in last year’s January sales.) We salute you!
You just love a bargain. It’s all about Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Pre-Christmas sales… Sometimes this means you leave it too late and miss out (P.S. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get our latest offers).
Should I buy this…. or maybe that?
You try your best, but you just find it hard to choose the right gift. Christmas leaves you a bit flustered and you often forget someone. A personalised gift is the perfect solution. Now you just need to think up a message …
You like to leave shopping to the very last moment possible. It’s not unknown for you to be at the 24 hour garage desperately trying to find the perfect gift for all the family. How about changing your ways this year? There’s still time to shop online.
You hate Christmas. There’s just no hope for you! How about this mask?
Whatever kind of Christmas shopper you are, you’ll find the right present at right present at Printster. It’s easy to design your personalised gift online from the comfort of your home. But time is running out - order by Wednesday 17 December for Royal Mail delivery.
Why not buy a present that not only looks good, but does good this Christmas? We’re happy to announce a new partnership with Save the Children UK to help them raise much needed funds to help children in the UK and around the world. For every Save the Children mug you buy, over 40% (£3.34) goes to the children’s charity.
There are a choice of 14 high quality and beautifully designed mugs, making them the perfect Christmas gift for your family and friends.
We’ve been inspired by Save the Children’s seasonal campaign, Christmas Jumper Day. On 12 December, teams of people across the UK will wear their Christmas knits – no matter how over the top – to raise money for the charity. And now your cup of tea can match your sweater with our gorgeous Christmas jumper mug, featuring a traditional red and white Fair Isle pattern.
Ben Williamson, Printster said: “We’re so pleased to be working with Save the Children. The aim of this charity to help children in the UK and around the world really resonates with all us at Printster and we are pleased to contribute. The mugs are excellent quality and make a great addition to our product range. It is wonderful to be able to help raise money for this very worthy cause, especially at Christmas.
“We’ll be taking part in Christmas Jumper Day too this year. Some of the team have already been wearing theirs!”
Other mug designs include festive patterns and seasonal sentiments such as “All you need is love” and the “Power of Love”. There are also four mugs with vintage photos of glamorous ladies at the beach, skiing and even fishing from a barrel, which you can personalise with your own messages.
Check out the mugs in our new range now, and don’t forget your Christmas jumpers on Friday 12 December. We’d love to see you in your Xmas jumpers – post your photos on Facebook and Twitter with #xmasjumperday.