Remember this classic little lie “eat your carrots, they will help you to see in the dark?” That’s the kind of thing we have all heard as kids. One of the best ones has to be “we’ll see” it’s not even a full lie, it’s a simple yet very effective way of way dodging an outright no. That also goes for “because I said so” another timely classic, that never seems to disappear from generation to generation.
Here are some more lies you may have heard as a kid…
- They don’t sell replacement batteries for that toy
- If the ice cream truck is playing music it means they ran out of ice cream
- The dog/ rabbit/ hamster/ cat went to live on the farm
- We’ll come back later and buy it
- I saw that because I have eyes in the back of my head
- Santa won’t come if you don’t go to bed
- If you cross your eyes they will stay like that
- I’m leaving without you!
- We’re almost there!
- I never would have done that when I was your age [insert parent woe story here]
What are your favourite little lies your parents told you as a kid? Let us know on our Facebook page!